When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
There truly is no bad time to visit Bucks County, though most visitors come April through December, bringing with them higher lodging prices and potentially harder-to-get restaurant reservations. On warm, sunny weekends, New Hope's sidewalks and parking spaces fill up. If you're averse to crowds or groups of motorcyclists, come on a weekday or rainy day. In summer, splashing around at Sesame Place or taking a cooling float down the Delaware is a great antidote to the heat. In autumn, a drive through rolling hills painted in fall colors followed by a glass of wine next to a stone fireplace makes for a romantic day. Before and around the holidays, you'll find festivals, the annual reenactment of Washington crossing the Delaware, and, of course, plentiful shopping.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's