- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- lovely grounds near, but set apart from, the middle of town
- welcomes children and dogs
- rooms are tasteful, but if you don't like Victoriana, wall stencils, and Wedgwood blue, this may not be for you
Check Rates from our Partners
Wedgwood Inn Review
Accommodations at this B&B are in a variety of buildings—two 1870s-era "painted ladies," a Federal-style manor house, and a carriage house that works equally well for families and romance. What unites them is a quiet parklike setting a few blocks from Main Street and the namesake china, found in every room. Many rooms also have two-person whirlpool tubs, wood-burning stoves, fireplaces, and private porches. Having run the inn since 1981, the Glassman family knows how to cater to guests, accommodating dietary restrictions and breakfast location preferences (in the breakfast room, gazebo, sunroom, porch, or guest room), offering their homemade almond liqueur in the evening, and providing a wealth of information and help setting up activities. For a fee you can arrange tennis and pool privileges at a nearby club.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
We were supposed to visit Lancaster a few years ago, but the trip fell through. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more