- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For a small town, New Hope is a mix of many things. A hodgepodge of old homes, narrow streets and alleys, courtyards, busy restaurants and bars, and shops, it attracts artists, shoppers, and hordes of day-trippers. Festivals feature everything from classic cars to films to gay pride. In summer, Friday-night fireworks over the river bring still more crowds.
The town, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is easy to explore on foot; the most interesting sights and stores are clustered along four blocks of Main Street and on the cross streets—Mechanic, Ferry, and Bridge streets—which lead to the river. Some parts of town are older than others. As you might guess from their names, Ferry Street dates back to colonial times; Bridge Street is Victorian.
New Hope at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Bucks County
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's