- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lambertville, New Jersey
If you're interested in New Hope's refrain but prefer it in a lower key, head directly across the Delaware River. You can find more charm and even better antiques in this New Jersey village. In fact, you can't swing a cabriole leg without hitting an antiques shop, as there are some 30 dealers in the small town, as well as a delightfully chic assemblage of boutiques, art galleries, and restaurants, many of which offer better food and better value than eateries in New Hope.
One of Lambertville's chief pleasures doesn't involve commerce at all: the towpath along the Delaware Canal is a retreat for strolling, running, or biking. Heading south takes you to the popular Washington Crossing State Park, directly across from the similarly named Pennsylvania park; the less busy northern route leads past other appealing river hamlets.
Lambertville, New Jersey at a Glance
Elsewhere in Bucks County
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's