The Pacific Northwest is well wired, and it's difficult to find a hotel in a major city that doesn't offer either Ethernet connections, Wi-Fi, or both. In most cases the service is a standard room amenity.
Coffeehouses almost always have reliable Wi-Fi, and the service often is free (assuming, of course, that you at least buy a cup of coffee); a few have a communal computer or two if you didn't bring the laptop. Portland International Airport also has free Wi-Fi.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's