Taxis in Oregon are easy, convenient, and available in most larger communities. In Portland the flag-drop rate is $2.50 and then $2.30 per mile. Make sure to ask whether the driver takes credit cards, whether there's a minimum fare, and whether there are charges for extra passengers. Other charges may include waiting times and airport minimums.
Portland Taxi Companies
Broadway Cab (503/227-1234 or 503/333-3333. www.broadwaycab.com.)
Green Cab and Shuttle. 503/234-1414 or 877/853-3577. www.greentrans.com.
New Rose City Cab (1533 NE Alberta St., Vernon, Northeast, Portland, OR, 97211. 503/282-7707. www.newrosecitycabco.biz.)
Eugene Taxi Companies
Bio Taxi. 541/747-2583. www.biotaxi.us.
Eugene Hybrid Taxi. 541/357-8294. eugenehybridtaxis.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe