Greyhound buses travel to and within Oregon, providing frequent service on popular runs. Sunset Empire Transportation provides transportation between Portland and Astoria Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and also serves the north coast cities of Astoria, Warrenton, Hammond, Gearhart, Seaside, and Cannon Beach. Porter Stage Lines connects Florence and Coos Bay with Eugene. People Mover travels on Highway 26 between Bend and John Day.
Greyhound Lines (800/231–2222. www.greyhound.com.)
People Mover (541/575–2370. www.grantcountypeoplemover.com.)
Porter Stage Lines Coos Bay. 541/269–7183.
Sunset Empire Transportation Astoria. 503/861–7433. www.ridethebus.org.
In Portland, TriMet provides one of the finest mass transit systems in the country. Its downtown bus is free, and connects to MAX light rail stations for faster commutes in and out of town to the suburbs and to the airport. It runs about every 15 minutes most of the day, every day. Service is less frequent in the early morning, at midday, and in the evening.
TriMet Mass Transit. 503/238-7433. trimet.org/max.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's