- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hot-air balloon rides are nothing less than a spectacular, breath-taking thrill—particularly over Oregon's beautiful Yamhill County.
Vista Balloon Adventures. Several balloons are launched daily from Sportsman Airpark in Newberg. They rise about 1,500 feet, and the FAA-licensed pilots often can steer the craft down to skim the water, then up to view hawk's nests. A brunch is included afterwards. Newberg, OR, 97132. 503/625-7385 or 800/622-2309. www.vistaballoon.com. $189 per person. Mon, Wed, Fri, weekends and holidays April-Oct.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Eugene Hotwire
- $60 & Up: Cheap Eugene Stay Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less
- $15.95 & up : Compact rentals in Eugene Hotwire
- $161.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Eugene — $161 Hotwire
- $16.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Eugene — $17 Hotwire