- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
The Allison Inn & Spa Review
At this luxurious, relaxing base for exploring the region's 200 wineries, each bright, comfortable room includes a gas fireplace, original works of art, a soaking tub, impressive furnishings, bay-window seats, and views of the vineyards from the terrace or balcony. The massive copper-coil curtain at the entrance to Allison's 15,000-square-foot spa conveys its opulence as a place to enjoy wines, a pinot pedicure, or mimosa massage in one of its 12 treatment rooms. With its casual ambience, attention to detail, and many amenities, the property lives up it its nickname, "the living room of the Willamette Valley."
Wine Country Retreat
Oregon's verdant Willamette Valley wine country has become internationally famous for Pinot Noir, but it lacked a destination hotel prior to the 2009 opening of this stylish but laid-back 85-room retreat. The low-slung, angular hotel with one of the Northwest's largest spas occupies an utterly relaxing, picturesque plot of vineyards, gardens, and hazelnut trees. Rooms are plush but unpretentious, with gas fireplaces, balconies or terraces, and large windows overlooking the countryside. LEED Gold status demonstrates the management's intense commitment to sustainability, and the dapper restaurant, JORY, deftly exploits the region's bounty of delicious produce and rarefied wines and microbrews.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $58.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Eugene Hotwire
- Eugene Savings! Book at Welcome Inn Eugene Fr $147+/Nt Expedia
- $17.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Eugene Hotwire
- Visit Eugene for Less: Hotels Fr $69+/Nt — $69 Travelocity
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Eugene — $20 Hotwire
This past weekend I travelled with a group of friends to Southern Oregon.- started in Eugene We travelled south on I-5 to Oakland, an old historic town. The main street consists mostly of antique stores Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
We (husband and 6 yr old son) will be flying to Seattle on July 4th, staying the weekend. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps ... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more