- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Montinore Estate Review
Locals chuckle at visitors who try to show off their French savvy when they pronounce it "Mont-in-or-ay." The estate, originally a ranch, was established by a tycoon who'd made his money in the Montana mines before he retired to Oregon; he decided to call his estate "Montana in Oregon." Montinore has 232 acres of vineyards, and its wines reflect the high-quality soil and fruit. Highlights include a crisp Gewürztraminer, a light Müller-Thurgau, an off-dry Riesling, several lush Pinot Noirs, and a refreshing Pinot Gris that's a perfect partner for Northwest seafood. The winery also produces a Pinot Noir Port. The tasting-room staff is among the friendliest and most knowledgeable in Oregon wine country.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Eugene for Less: Hotels Fr $69+/Nt Travelocity
- 3-Star Red Lion Eugene Fr $73+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $36/night less
- $16.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Eugene Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Eugene Fr $100+/Nt — $100 Expedia
- $18.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Eugene — $19 Hotwire
This past weekend I travelled with a group of friends to Southern Oregon.- started in Eugene We travelled south on I-5 to Oakland, an old historic town. The main street consists mostly of antique stores Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
For the first time in 20+ years, The North entrance of Crater Lake NP has opened before Memorial Day.
By no means is all of the snow in the park melted. The East Rim and Pinnacles roads will remain closed, Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more