- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Joseph Mattey House Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- refined bed-and-breakfast atmosphere
- not many modern amenities in the rooms
Joseph Mattey House Bed & Breakfast Review
The four upstairs rooms in this Queen Anne Victorian mansion are whimsically named after locally grown grape varieties and are decorated in keeping with the character of those wines: crisp white furnishings in the Chardonnay Room, dark-wood pieces and reddish wine accents in the Pinot Noir room. Built in 1982 by English immigrant Joseph Mattey, a local butcher—and on the National Register of Historic Places—the house offers a cozy living room jammed with antiques, dual dining areas—a parlor with white wicker and a dining room with elegant furniture—and a porch with a swing. A small balcony off the upstairs landing is perfect for sipping a glass of wine on a cool Yamhill Valley evening. A fine full breakfast might include poached pears with raspberry sauce, frittatas, and Dutch-apple pancakes. Or your hosts will have pastry and hot coffee available before you set off.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Eugene for Less: Hotels Fr $69+/Nt Travelocity
- $144 & Up: Cheap Eugene Stay Save with Hotels.com, $32/night less
- $15.95 & up : Compact rentals in Eugene Hotwire
- Visit Eugene for Less: Hotels Fr $113+/Nt — $113 Travelocity
- $16.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Eugene — $17 Hotwire
This past weekend I travelled with a group of friends to Southern Oregon.- started in Eugene We travelled south on I-5 to Oakland, an old historic town. The main street consists mostly of antique stores Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
For the first time in 20+ years, The North entrance of Crater Lake NP has opened before Memorial Day.
By no means is all of the snow in the park melted. The East Rim and Pinnacles roads will remain closed, Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more