The Willamette Valley and Wine Country Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Willamette Valley and Wine Country Restaurant Reviews
The buzzwords associated with fine dining in this region are sustainable, farm-to-table, and local. Fresh salmon, Dungeness crab, mussels, shrimp, and oysters are harvested just a couple of hours away on the Oregon Coast. Lamb, pork, and beef are local and plentiful, and seasonal game appears on many menus. Desserts made with local blueberries, huckleberries, raspberries, and marionberries should not be missed. But what really sets the offerings apart are the splendid local wines that receive worldwide acclaim.
Restaurants in the Willamette Valley are low-key and unpretentious. Expensive doesn't necessarily mean better, and locals have a pretty good nose for good value. Reasonably priced Mexican, Indian, Japanese, and Italian do very well. Food carts in the cities are a growing phenomenon. But there's still nothing like a great, sit-down meal at a cozy bistro for some fresh fish or lamb, washed down with a stellar Pinot Noir.
Browse Willamette Valley and Wine Country Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Eugene: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $147+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Eugene for Less: Hotels Fr $76+/Nt Travelocity
- $15.95 & up : Economy rentals in Eugene Hotwire
- Save Big This Jun! Book 3 Nts at Welcome Inn Eugene Fr $61+/Nt — $61 Expedia
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Eugene — $20 Hotwire