- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Historic Oregon City was the destination for thousands of pioneer families who traveled the Oregon Trail from St. Louis. Several of Oregon's prominent early residents built homes in Oregon City on the Willamette River's east bank, where the river plunges 40 feet over a basaltic ridge at Willamette Falls. The city is the seat of Clackamas County, one of three counties that make up the Portland metropolitan area.
Oregon City at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's