The Willamette Valley and Wine Country Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
The Willamette (pronounced "wil-lam-it") Valley has become a wine lovers' Shangri-la, particularly in the northern Yamhill and Washington counties. An entire tourism industry has sprung up between Interstate 5 and the Oregon Coast, encompassing small hotels and inns, cozy restaurants, and casual wine bars.
One of the great pleasures of touring the Willamette Valley is the incredible selection of small, ornate bed-and-breakfast hotels sprinkled throughout Oregon's...read more
The buzzwords associated with fine dining in this region are sustainable, farm-to-table, and local. Fresh salmon, Dungeness crab, mussels, shrimp, and oysters...read more
Things To Do in The Willamette Valley and Wine Country
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Book 3 Nts in Eugene this May Fr $98+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Eugene for Less: Hotels Fr $69+/Nt Travelocity
- $18.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Eugene Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Eugene this May Fr $49+/Nt — $49 Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- $15.95 & up : Compact rentals in Eugene — $16 Hotwire
Swirl and sip. Each region in the Willamette Valley offers some of the finest vintages and dining experiences found anywhere.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now57° F Mostly Cloudy 64% Humidity May 23, 2013 at 3:54PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This past weekend I travelled with a group of friends to Southern Oregon.- started in Eugene We travelled south on I-5 to Oakland, an old historic town. The main street consists mostly of antique stores Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
I had a chance to spent some time on a cruise ship traveling around North America,
so wanted to share some pictures from the trip; hope you will enjoy it!
http://www.allphotobangkok.com/index.php/around-north-america-cruise-ship-travel/ Read more