Oregon's coastline begins in the north in the town of Astoria, which lies at the mouth of the Columbia River on the Washington state line. It is a 363-mile drive south along U.S. Highway 101 to reach the small town of Brookings at Oregon's southwestern corner, just 6 miles from the California border. The Oregon Coast is bordered by the Pacific Ocean on the east and by the Coast Range on the west. Farther east across the Coast Range is the Willamette Valley, which includes the larger Oregon communities of Portland, Salem, Corvallis, and Eugene.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's