The Oregon Coast Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Oregon Coast Restaurant Reviews
Deciding which restaurant has the best clam chowder is just one of the culinary fact-finding expeditions you can embark upon along the Oregon Coast. Chefs here take full advantage of the wealth of sturgeon, chinook, steelhead, and trout found in coastal rivers. Fresh mussels, shrimp, and oyster shooters are also standard fare in many establishments. Newport's bounty is its Dungeness crab. When razor clams are in season, they appear as a succulent addition to restaurant menus throughout the state. Also popular are desserts made from Oregon's wealth of blueberries, marionberries, and huckleberries.
Away from the upscale resorts, most restaurants tend to be low-key and affordable. There are cozy pubs and bistros, and tasty fish-and-chips are easy to come by. In addition, Oregon Coast restaurants proudly serve reds and whites from Willamette Valley wineries and rich ales from local or on-site breweries.
Browse The Oregon Coast Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's