- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Manzanita Beach is well known as a reliable summer windsurfing spot. Winds here typically range from 18 to 24 mph during the months of June through September, and offer world-class rides. Beginners will want to practice in nearby Nehalem Bay. There they can stand in the water several hundred feet from shore and learn water starts. Windsurfers always need to keep an eye on the outgoing tide, which produces strong currents.
Manzanita Bikes and Boards has rentals. Manzanita, OR. 503/368-3337. www.manzanitabikesandboards.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay in May: $102 & Up Expedia
- $37.20 & up : Midsize rentals in North Bend Hotwire
- $34.20 & up : Compact rentals in North Bend — $35 Hotwire
- $46.20 & up : Full Size rentals in North Bend — $47 Hotwire