- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Siltcoos River Canoe Trail. Beginning at Siltcoos Lake, where cottages float on the water, this trail winds through thick rain forest, past towering sand dunes, emerging some 4 mi later at white-sand beaches and the blue waters of the Pacific, where seals and snowy plovers rest. The river is a Class I with no rapids, but there are a few trees to navigate and one very short portage around a small dam. Florence, OR.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135-$170 -- Portland, OR: Downtown Hotel incl. July Fourth Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center