- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cannon Beach is a mellow, trendy place to enjoy art, wine, and fine dining, and to take in the sea air. Shops and galleries selling surfing gear, upscale clothing, local art, wine, coffee, and food line Hemlock Street, Cannon Beach's main thoroughfare. One of the most charming hamlets on the coast, the town has beachfront homes and hotels. On the downside, the Carmel of the Oregon coast can be more expensive and crowded than other towns along Highway 101.
Every May the town hosts the Cannon Beach Sandcastle Contest, for which thousands throng the beach to view imaginative and often startling works in this most transient of art forms.
Cannon Beach at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Oregon Coast
- Bay Area: Coos Bay and North Bend
- Depoe Bay
- Gleneden Beach
- Gold Beach
- Lincoln City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's