- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A startling 90% of the pot lilies grown in the United States come from a 500-acre area inland from Brookings. Mild temperatures along this coastal plain provide ideal conditions for flowering plants of all kinds—even a few palm trees, a rare sight in Oregon.
The town is equally famous as a commercial and sport-fishing port at the mouth of the turquoise-blue Chetco River. Salmon and steelhead weighing 20 pounds or more swim here.
Elsewhere in The Oregon Coast
- Bay Area: North Bend and Coos Bay
- Cannon Beach
- Depoe Bay
- Gleneden Beach
- Gold Beach
- Lincoln City
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $42.71 & up : Full Size rentals in North Bend Hotwire
- $31.28 & up : Compact rentals in North Bend — $32 Hotwire
- $34.14 & up : Midsize rentals in North Bend — $35 Hotwire