- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Referred to by some who cherish its romantic lure as Bandon-by-the-Sea, Bandon is both a harbor town and a popular vacation spot, famous for its cranberry products, its cheese factory, and its artists' colony, complete with galleries and shops. Two national wildlife refuges, Oregon Islands and Bandon Marsh, are within the city limits. The Bandon Dunes links-style course is a worldwide attraction, often ranked in the top three golf courses in the U.S.
It may seem odd that tiny Bandon bills itself as Oregon's cranberry capital. But 10 miles north of town lie acres of bogs and irrigated fields where tons of the tart berries are harvested every year. Each October there's the Cranberry Festival, featuring a parade and a fair.
Bandon at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Oregon Coast
- Bay Area: Coos Bay and North Bend
- Cannon Beach
- Depoe Bay
- Gleneden Beach
- Gold Beach
- Lincoln City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's