- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Air Travel. Portland International Airport. All major carriers serve PDX, the only nearby airport receiving commercial flights. Taxis out to Mt. Hood or the gorge are not particularly practical, but the airport has several door-to-door shuttle options. Portland, OR. 877/739–4636. www.flypdx.com.
Rates vary by destination, but a one-way trip to Hood River runs $90-$120. If you're heading to Hood, ski resorts like Timberline and Mt. Hood Meadows offer Portland shuttles in season.
Blue Star Transportation (541/249–1837. www.bluestarbus.com.)
Green Shuttle (541/252–4422. www.greentrans.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's