- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Americas Hub World Tours. Explore the gorge by bus or van on waterfall and wine tours. 800/673-3110. www.americashubworldtours.com.
EcoTours of Oregon Day Tours. Day trips with an emphasis on natural history take in the waterfalls of the Historic Columbia River Highway and a scenic loop around Mt. Hood. 888/868-7733. www.ecotours-of-oregon.com.
Explore the Gorge. Customizable tours of the gorge, Mt. Hood, and the Hood River Valley explore everything from the Lewis and Clark Trail to the region's microbreweries. 800/899-5676. www.explorethegorge.com.
Martin's Gorge Tours. Wine tours, waterfall hikes, and spring wildflower tours are among the popular trips with this Portland-based guide. 888/290-8687. www.martinsgorgetours.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135-$170 -- Portland, OR: Downtown Hotel incl. July Fourth Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center