The Columbia Gorge and Mt. Hood Area Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Columbia Gorge and Mt. Hood Area Restaurant Reviews
A prominent locavore mentality pervades western Oregon generally, and low elevations around the gorge mean long growing seasons for dozens of local producers. Fresh foods grown, caught, and harvested in the Northwest dominate menus in gourmet restaurants around the gorge and Mt. Hood. Columbia River salmon is big, fruit orchards proliferate around Hood River, and the gorge nurtures a glut of excellent vineyards. Of course, beer culture is king across Oregon, and even the smallest towns around the region have their own lively brewpubs with casual American pub fare and tap after tap of craft ales. In keeping with the region's green and laid-back vibe, outdoor dining is big, Hood River's superb Stonehedge Gardens being the quintessential example.
Browse The Columbia Gorge and Mt. Hood Area Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's