- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
The Steamboat Inn
At a Glance
- good option if en route to Crater Lake
- access to some of the best fishing in the West
- great escape
- extremely far from civilization
Check Rates from our Partners
The Steamboat Inn Review
Every fall a who's who of the world's top fly-fishermen converges at this secluded forest inn, high in the Cascades above the emerald North Umpqua River, in search of the 20-pound steelhead that haunt these waters; guide services are available, as are equipment rentals and sales. Others come simply to relax in the reading nooks or on the broad decks of the riverside guest cabins nestled below soaring fir trees and surrounded by verdant gardens. Lodging choices include riverside cabins, forest bungalows (some sleep up to six), and riverside suites; the bungalows and suites have kitchens. Make reservations well in advance, especially for a stay between July and October, the prime fishing months. The exceptionally good restaurant, which offers occasional winemaker and guest-chef dinners, caters primarily to guests, but also has a limited number of tables available by reservation. It's also open for breakfast and lunch to the general public.
- Address: 42705 N. Umpqua Hwy., 38 mi east of Roseburg on Hwy. 138, near Steamboat Creek Idleyld Park, OR 97447 | Map It
- Phone: 541/498–2230; 800/840–8825
- Website: www.thesteamboatinn.com
- Location: Roseburg
- 8 cabins, 5 cottages, 2 suites, 5 houses.
- Rate includes some meals, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more