The Steamboat Inn
At a Glance
- good option if en route to Crater Lake
- access to some of the best fishing in the West
- great escape
- extremely far from civilization
The Steamboat Inn Review
Every fall a who's who of the world's top fly-fishermen converges at this secluded forest inn, high in the Cascades above the emerald North Umpqua River, in search of the 20-pound steelhead that haunt these waters; guide services are available, as are equipment rentals and sales. Others come simply to relax in the reading nooks or on the broad decks of the riverside guest cabins nestled below soaring fir trees and surrounded by verdant gardens. Lodging choices include riverside cabins, forest bungalows (some sleep up to six), and riverside suites; the bungalows and suites have kitchens. Make reservations well in advance, especially for a stay between July and October, the prime fishing months. The exceptionally good restaurant, which offers occasional winemaker and guest-chef dinners, caters primarily to guests, but also has a limited number of tables available by reservation. It's also open for breakfast and lunch to the general public.
- Address: 42705 N. Umpqua Hwy., 38 mi east of Roseburg on Hwy. 138, near Steamboat Creek, Idleyld Park, OR, 97447 | Map It
- Phone: 541/498–2230; 800/840–8825
- Website: www.thesteamboatinn.com
- Location: Roseburg
- 8 cabins, 5 cottages, 2 suites, 5 houses
- Rate includes some meals, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Southern Oregon for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More