Hiking in Medford
Table Rock. One of the best venues for hiking in the Rogue Valley, Table Rockcomprises a pair of monolithic rock formations that rise some 700 to 800 feet above the valley floor about 10 mi north of Medford and just a couple of miles north of TouVelle State Park. Operated by a partnership between the Bureau of Land Management and the Nature Conservancy, the Table Rock formations afford panoramic valley views from their summits. You reach Lower Table Rock by way of a moderately challenging 1.75-mi trail, and Upper Table Rock via a shorter (1.25-mi) and less steep route. The trailheads to these formations are a couple of miles apart—just follow the road signs from Table Rock Road, north of TouVelle State Park (reached from Exit 33 of Interstate 5). Off Table Rock Rd., Central Point, OR, 97502. 541/618–2200. www.blm.gov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's