- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rogue River–Siskiyou National Forest, Medford. Covering 1.8 million acres, this immense tract of wilderness woodland has fishing, swimming, hiking, and skiing. Motorized vehicles and equipment—even bicycles—are prohibited in the 113,000-acre Sky Lakes Wilderness, south of Crater Lake National Park. Its highest point is the 9,495-foot Mt. McLoughlin. Access to most of the forest is free, but there are fees at some trailheads—check the Web site for details. I–5 to Exit 39, Hwy. 62 to Hwy. 140, Medford, OR, 97503. 541/618–2200. www.fs.fed.us/r6/rogue-siskiyou.
Rogue Valley Fun Center. You'll find an impressive array of kids' games and recreation at Rogue Valley Fun Center, just off Exit 33 of Interstate 5 (about 5 mi north of Medford). Miniature golf, batting cages, a golf driving range, bumper boats, and go-karts are among the offerings, and there's also a video arcade and game room. 1A Peninger Rd., Central Point, OR, 97502. 541/664–4263. www.rvfamilyfuncenter.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's