- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Most visitors to Jacksonville come by way of Medford, 5 miles east, on Highway 238—it's a scenic drive over hilly farmland and past vineyards. Alternatively, you can reach the town coming the other way on Highway 238, driving southeast from Grants Pass. This similarly beautiful drive through the Applegate Valley takes about 45 minutes. Valley Cab (541/772–1818 www.myvalleycab.com) serves the Rogue Valley region, with fares costing $3 base per trip, plus $2.50 per mile thereafter. A cab ride from Medford's airport to Jacksonville costs about $20, and downtown Jacksonville can easily be explored on foot. However, if you plan on visiting any of the region's wineries and parks, you're better off renting a car.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's