Southern Oregon Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Southern Oregon Hotel Reviews
With its highly popular Shakespeare Festival and strategic location exactly halfway between Portland and San Francisco, Ashland has the region's greatest variety of distinctive lodgings, from the usual low- to mid-priced chain properties to plush bed-and-breakfasts set in restored Arts and Crafts and Victorian houses. Nearby Jacksonville also has several fine, upscale inns. Beyond that, in nearly every town in southern Oregon you'll find two or three interesting bed-and-breakfasts or small hotels, and in any of the communities along Interstate 5—including Roseburg, Grants Pass, Medford, and Klamath Falls—a wide variety of chain motels and hotels.
Rooms in this part of the state book up earliest in summer, especially on weekends. If you're coming to Ashland or Jacksonville, try to book at least a week or two ahead. Elsewhere, you can usually find a room in a suitable chain property on less than a day's notice.
Browse Southern Oregon Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $66.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- 3-Star Running Y Ranch Fr $116+/Nt Hotels.com
- $21.95 & up : Economy rentals in Medford Hotwire
- Book in Klamath Falls: Save this May Fr $83+/Nt — $83 Expedia
- $22.95 & up : Compact rentals in Medford — $23 Hotwire