Southern Oregon Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Southern Oregon
The other wine regions: The underrated and fast-growing Umpqua and Rogue River wine regions offer picturesque pastoral views and numerous tasting rooms.
Oregon Caves National Monument: Explore deep into mysterious underground chambers and marble caves at this off-the-beaten-path natural wonder.
Oregon Shakespeare Festival: This acclaimed festival draws drama lovers to Ashland nine months a year, presenting a wide variety of both classic and contemporary theater.
Quaint towns: Southern Oregon's own throwback to the Old West, Jacksonville abounds with well-preserved buildings and diverting eateries and bed-and-breakfasts. Ashland claims one of the prettiest downtowns in Oregon, with its hip cafés and urbane boutiques.
Wild wonders: Each fall more than 1 million waterfowl descend upon Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuge Complex. The Rogue River is Oregon's white-water rafting capital, and the entire region is laced with stunning hiking trails.Updated: 08-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's