Southern Oregon Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Plan Your Southern Oregon Vacation
Southern Oregon begins where the verdant lowlands of the Willamette Valley give way to a complex collision of mountains, rivers, and ravines. The intricate geography of the "Land of Umpqua," as the area around Roseburg is somewhat romantically known, signals that this is territory distinct from neighboring regions to the north, east, and west.
Ashland has the region's greatest variety of distinctive lodgings, from the usual low- to mid-priced chain properties to plush B&Bs set in restored...read more
Southern Oregon's dining scene varies greatly from region to region, with the more tourism-driven and upscale communities of Ashland and Jacksonville leading...read more
Things To Do in Southern Oregon
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now54° F Rain 80% Humidity April 24, 2014 at 7:16PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more