- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Portland Spirit 503/224-3900 or 800/224-3901www.portlandspirit.com has a variety of tours on multiple types of marine craft. Willamette Jetboat Excursions 888/538-2628 or 503/231-1532www.willamettejet.com offers whirling, swirling one- and two-hour tours along the Willamette River that include an up-close visit to the falls at Oregon City.
The Willamette Shore Trolley 503/697-7436www.oregonelectricrailway.orgprovides scenic round-trips between suburban Lake Oswego and downtown, along the west shore of the Willamette River. The 6-mi route, which the trolley makes in 45 minutes, passes over trestles and through Elk Rock Tunnel along one of the most scenic stretches of the river.
For a guided tour packed with information, the variety of options from Portland Walking Tours 503/774-4522 www.portlandwalkingtours.com ensures something for all touring tastes.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $67.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Portland Hotwire
- Courtyard by Marriott Portland North Harbour in May: $116 & Up Expedia
- Portland on Sale! 9 Nts + Air as Low as $1,027 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Portland Hotwire
- $122.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Portland — $122 Hotwire