This memorial to those who perished during the Holocaust bears the names of surviving families who live in Oregon and southwest Washington. A bronzed baby shoe, a doll, broken spectacles, and other strewn possessions await notice on the cobbled courtyard. Soil and ash from six Nazi concentration camps is interred beneath the black granite wall. The memorial is operated by the nearby Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education, on the edge of Nob Hill at 1953 N.W. Kearney Street, and hosts rotating history and art exhibits, films, concerts, and lectures.