Portland's four-story, granite-faced City Hall, which was completed in 1895, is an example of the Renaissance Revival style popular in the late 19th century. Italian influences can be seen in the porch, the pink scagliola (faux marble) columns, the cornice embellishments, and other details. Much beauty was restored when the building was renovated in the late 1990s. The ornate interior—with intricate scrollwork, decorative tile, a sunny atrium, and art exhibits—provides a visually stimulating shortcut between Southwest 4th and 5th avenues.
1221 SW 4th Ave., Portland, Oregon, 97204, United States