Mobile AppDownload Portland - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Tasty n Alder
Tasty n Alder Review
The latest venture of celebrated Portland chef John Gorham, this all-day brunch spot takes the success of the eastside establishment, Tasty n Sons, and moves it across the river to downtown. Designed for sharing, the tapas-style menu draws on global influences and delivers bold, delicious flavors. Try the potatos bravas, served with fried egg on top and aioli on the side, and the Korean fried chicken (yes, for breakfast), served with rice, house kimchi, and eggs cooked two ways (pickled and over-easy). At dinner-time, Tasty n Alder turns up the class, offering a selection of top-notch steaks from family-run ranches, along with a variety of original cocktails. The atmosphere is modern, clean and inviting.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We decided to celebrate the start of summer with a road trip to Coastal Maine from our home in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Posts... Read more
My husband and I - youthful 60-somethings - just returned from a summer trip to New England, which included two and a half days in Portla... Read more