Mobile AppDownload Portland - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
El Gaucho Review
The specialty at this upscale steak house in the elegant Benson Hotel is 28-day, dry-aged, certified Angus beef, but chops, ribs, and chicken entrées, also cooked over a bed of glowing coals in the open kitchen, are delicious as well. Attentive tuxedo-clad servers prepare the chateaubriand, from-scratch Caesar salad, and bananas Foster flambé tableside, and live Spanish guitar music serenades dinner guests every night. While the service is impeccable at this Seattle transplant restaurant, brace yourself for the hefty bill. Reservations are recommended.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We decided to celebrate the start of summer with a road trip to Coastal Maine from our home in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Posts... Read more
My husband and I - youthful 60-somethings - just returned from a summer trip to New England, which included two and a half days in Portla... Read more