Mobile AppDownload Portland - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Le Pigeon Review
Specializing in adventurous meat dishes of extraordinary quality, this cozy French restaurant is one of the best in Portland. Changing weekly, the menu features items like beef cheek bourguignon, grilled venison, rabbit, foie gras (especially exceptional), and, yes, pigeon too, all prepared with balance, nuance, and attention to detail. Less adventurous eaters can opt for the burger, delicious in its own right, and there's always a vegetarian option as well. With exposed brick, mismatched antique china, communal tables, and a counter overlooking the open kitchen that allows diners to interact with the chefs, the atmosphere at this 42-seat restaurant is trendy yet casual. Little Bird Bistro, LePigeon's sister restaurant, serves downtown diners French bistro fare for lunch and dinner.
- Address: 738 E. Burnside St., Buckman, Southeast, Portland, OR, 97214 | Map It
- Phone: 503/546–8796
- Website: www.lepigeon.com
- Location: Southeast
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
- 219 SW 6th Ave., Downtown, Portland, OR, 97204, 503/688–5952,
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We decided to celebrate the start of summer with a road trip to Coastal Maine from our home in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Posts... Read more
My husband and I - youthful 60-somethings - just returned from a summer trip to New England, which included two and a half days in Portla... Read more