- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Savoy Tavern + Bistro
Savoy Tavern + Bistro Review
A hip restaurant specializing in Midwestern cuisine, Savoy offers diners the choice of sitting in either a dark and cozy tavern or a light, open bistro. The deep-fried cheese curds, beer bratwurst, and mac and cheese carry on the Midwestern tradition of comfort food, though you can also find fish and salads on the menu. The tavern board, a collection of meat cuts, cheeses, and house pickles, makes a nice appetizer or lighter meal. Try the Milwaukie mule, a mix of ginger vodka and ginger beer topped with a lime, and served in a traditional copper mug. A comfortable atmosphere and reasonably priced, seasonal menu make this a favorite for no-fuss drinking and dining.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
America's quirkiest culinary capital has bars and restaurants to spare, but insiders look outside of Portland's... Read more
Feast Portland, celebrating Oregon's enviable bounty, offers more than just tasty treats.... Read more