Mobile AppDownload Portland - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Ken's Artisan Pizza
Ken's Artisan Pizza Review
Doug fir beams, old wine barrels, and hungry crowds surround the glowing, igloo-shaped wood oven in the prep area of this thin-crust pizza joint. Ken, also of Ken's Artisan Bakery & Café, uses fresh, organic ingredients for the dough, sauces, and toppings of his pies. Fans rave about the margherita with arugula, the handpressed fennel sausage with onion, and the soppressata with basil. While the roasted vegetable plate and Caeser salad are delicious and the wine selection is solid, pizza is the real star. Be prepared for a wait.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We decided to celebrate the start of summer with a road trip to Coastal Maine from our home in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Posts... Read more
My husband and I - youthful 60-somethings - just returned from a summer trip to New England, which included two and a half days in Portla... Read more