- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Widely regarded as the finest restaurant in Portland, Genoa serves a five-course prix-fixe Italian menu that changes with the availability of ingredients and the season. Diners can chose from several entrées; the portions are hearty, thoughtfully crafted, and paired with some vibrant accompaniments such as sautéed brussels-sprout leaves or roasted root vegetables. As for the dining room, its dark antique furnishings, long curtains, and dangling light fixtures all help make it feel sophisticated. Seating is limited to under a few dozen diners, so service is excellent.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$149 -- Central Oregon Resort w/Mountain Views, 45% Off The Lodge at Eagle Crest
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
Hello, my husband and I are taking a road trip from Michigan to New England in early August. Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table ... Read more
Even before you get to Portland, there are a few things you know you'll find—great food and drink... Read more
You want to be the one who knows the Next Big Trip, don't you?... Read more