- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Widely regarded as one of the finest restaurants in Portland, Genoa serves a five-course prix-fixe Italian menu that changes with the availability of ingredients and the season. In addition to appetizers, pastas, salads, and desserts, diners can chose from well-portioned, thoughtfully crafted entrées that might include seared duck breast with onions, apples, and arugula or steelhead trout with brioche, carmelized yogurt, and butternut squash. The dining room's dark antique furnishings, long curtains, and dangling light fixtures lend it an air of sophistication, and with seating limited to under a few dozen diners, service is excellent. For delicious, less expensive small plates as well as a full bar, head to sister property café Accanto next door.
- Address: 2832 SE Belmont St., Sunnyside Southeast, Portland, OR 97214 | Map It
- Phone: 503/238–1464
- Website: www.genoarestaurant.com
- Location: Southeast
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. and Tues. No lunch.
- 2838 SE Belmont St., Sunnyside, Southeast, Portland, OR, 97214, 503/235–4900
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
An overdue trip report from our vacation last summer. Read more
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
Hello Fodorites....we live in NY and want to take a long weekend in Maine this summer....it's on our "to do" list and we've just never gotten to it. No idea where to go though....looking for lake, trees Read more
· News & Features
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead. ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
America's quirkiest culinary capital has bars and restaurants to spare, but insiders look outside of Portland's... Read more