- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Widely regarded as one of the finest restaurants in Portland, Genoa serves a five-course prix-fixe Italian menu that changes with the availability of ingredients and the season. In addition to appetizers, pastas, salads, and desserts, diners can chose from well-portioned, thoughtfully crafted entrées that might include seared duck breast with onions, apples, and arugula or steelhead trout with brioche, carmelized yogurt, and butternut squash. The dining room's dark antique furnishings, long curtains, and dangling light fixtures lend it an air of sophistication, and with seating limited to under a few dozen diners, service is excellent. For delicious, less expensive small plates as well as a full bar, head to sister property café Accanto next door.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135-$170 -- Portland, OR: Downtown Hotel incl. July Fourth Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
I want to go on a 5 day vacation in the first week of July. Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table... Read more
Even before you get to Portland, there are a few things you know you'll find—great food and drink... Read more
You want to be the one who knows the Next Big Trip, don't you?... Read more