Mobile AppDownload Portland - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Paley's Place Review
Open since 1995 in an old Victorian house, this acclaimed bistro serves French cuisine prepared with organic, Pacific Northwest ingredients. Among the entrées are seared steelhead with veggies and olive chili relish and a grilled pork loin chop with cauliflower grits, bacon, and brussels sprouts. The cheese selection, on display under a glass case just inside the front door, is extensive and exquisite. Two plainly decorated dining rooms and a bar area make up the interior; in warmer months, you can sit on the front porch or back patio. Reservations are recommended.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We decided to celebrate the start of summer with a road trip to Coastal Maine from our home in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Posts... Read more
My husband and I - youthful 60-somethings - just returned from a summer trip to New England, which included two and a half days in Portla... Read more