- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Silk, by Pho Van
Silk, by Pho Van Review
This spacious, minimalist restaurant is the trendiest of the three Pho Van locations in Portland—the others are on the far-east side, on Hawthorne Boulevard and 82nd Avenue. While many menu items are tasty, the big bowl of pho (noodle soup) is delicious, enough to fill you up, and costs only $8 or $9. The friendly waitstaff will help you work your way through the menu, and can make suggestions to give you the best sampling of Vietnamese cuisine.
- Address: 1012 NW Glisan St., Pearl District, Portland, OR 97209 | Map It
- Phone: 503/248–2172
- Website: www.phovanrestaurant.com
- Location: Pearl District
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 1919 SE 82nd Ave., Montavilla, Southeast, Portland, OR, 97216, 503/788–5244
- 3404 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Sunnyside, Southeast, Portland, OR, 97214, 503/230-1474
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
An overdue trip report from our vacation last summer. Read more
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
Hello Fodorites....we live in NY and want to take a long weekend in Maine this summer....it's on our "to do" list and we've just never gotten to it. No idea where to go though....looking for lake, trees Read more
· News & Features
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead. ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
America's quirkiest culinary capital has bars and restaurants to spare, but insiders look outside of Portland's... Read more