Mobile AppDownload Portland - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
MacTarnahan's Taproom Review
The giant copper vats at the door tip you off to the specialty of the house: beer. This restaurant deep in the Northwest industrial district is part of a 27,000-sq-ft brewery complex. Start with a tasting platter of five of the 12 beers on tap. Each item on the menu, from the Scottish pie to the drunken ham sandwich to the beer can chicken, comes with beer pairing recommendation, and the fish-and-chips uses a batter made with Mac's signature ale. You can enjoy it all on the patio overlooking the landscaped grounds. Kids 12 and under receive a free kids' meal on Sunday.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We decided to celebrate the start of summer with a road trip to Coastal Maine from our home in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Posts... Read more
My husband and I - youthful 60-somethings - just returned from a summer trip to New England, which included two and a half days in Portla... Read more