- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
MacTarnahan's Taproom Review
The giant copper vats at the door tip you off to the specialty of the house: beer. This restaurant deep in the Northwest industrial district is part of a 27,000-sq-ft brewery complex. Start with a tasting platter of five of the 12 beers on tap. Each item on the menu, from the Scottish pie to the drunken ham sandwich to the beer can chicken, comes with beer pairing recommendation, and the fish-and-chips uses a batter made with Mac's signature ale. You can enjoy it all on the patio overlooking the landscaped grounds. Kids 12 and under receive a free kids' meal on Sunday.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135-$170 -- Portland, OR: Downtown Hotel incl. July Fourth Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
I want to go on a 5 day vacation in the first week of July. Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table... Read more
Even before you get to Portland, there are a few things you know you'll find—great food and drink... Read more
You want to be the one who knows the Next Big Trip, don't you?... Read more