- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
International Rose Test Garden
International Rose Test Garden Review
Despite the name, these grounds are not an experimental greenhouse laboratory, but rather three terraced gardens, set on 4 acres, where 10,000 bushes and 400 varieties of roses grow. The flowers, many of them new varieties, are at their peak in June, July, September, and October. From the gardens you can see highly photogenic views of the downtown skyline and, on fine days, the Fuji-shaped slopes of Mt. Hood, 50 miles to the east. Summer concerts take place in the garden's amphitheater. Take MAX light rail to Washington Park station, and transfer to Bus No. 63 (no weekend service) or Washington Park Shuttle (May–August only).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
America's quirkiest culinary capital has bars and restaurants to spare, but insiders look outside of Portland's... Read more
Feast Portland, celebrating Oregon's enviable bounty, offers more than just tasty treats.... Read more