- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bordering Old Town to the northwest is the Pearl District. Formerly a warehouse area along the railroad yards, this is the fastest-growing part of Portland. Mid-rise residential lofts have sprouted on almost every block, and boutiques, outdoor retailers, galleries, and trendy restaurants line the streets. The Portland streetcar line passes through here on its way from Nob Hill to downtown and Portland State University, with stops at two new, ecologically themed city parks.
Pearl District at a Glance
Elsewhere in Portland
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's