Nightlife & the Arts in Portland
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Portland is quite the creative town. Every night performances from top-ranked dance, theater, and musical talent take the stage somewhere in the city. Expect to find never-ending choices for things to do, from taking in true independent films, performance art, and plays, to checking out some of the northwest's (and the country's) hottest musical groups at one of the city's many nightclubs or concert venues.
As for the fine art scene, galleries abound in all four corners of Portland, and if you take the time and do a little research, you'll discover extraordinarily creative blends of artistic techniques. Painted, recycled, photographed, fired, fused, welded, or collaged—the scope and selection of art is one of the most notable attributes of what makes this city so metropolitan and alive.
Browse Portland Nightlife
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's