- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Portland Top 5 Outdoor Tips
Cheer on the Portland Trail Blazers when they're home playing a basketball game at the Rose Garden.
Ski down a Mt. Hood Meadows slope on a crisp, clear, early spring morning—less than an hour's drive away from the city.
Rent a bicycle and pedal down Portland's many bike-friendly roads and pathways, or on the Esplanade alongside the Willamette River, in what has been called the number one cycling city in the United States.
Hike up and around Mt. Tabor and be rewarded with an awesome view of downtown Portland.
Hang out at PGE Park on a warm summer night, hot dog and beer in hand, and watch a Portland Timbers soccer game.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Portland Value Inn & Suites 3 Nts in May Fr $62+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Portland this May Fr $104+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Travel for Less! 4 Nts Red Lion Portland Airport + Air Fr $303 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Portland Hotwire
- Portland Savings! Book at GuestHouse & Suites Fr $101+/Nt — $101 Expedia