- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Portland Top 5 Shopping Tips
Munch on a fresh-out-of-the-fryer elephant-ear pastry while perusing aisles of handmade wares at Portland's Saturday Market.
Scout for something totally fun and funky at one of Northwest 23rd Avenue's boutique gift shops.
Leisurely rifle through racks of clothes at some of Portland's more notable secondhand stores, such as Buffalo Exchange downtown and Red Light in Hawthorne.
Visit Columbia Sportswear downtown to see just how surprisingly fashionable clothing options for every type of outdoor condition can be.
Saunter through Powell's City of Books and see what treasures are in its rare-books section.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines