- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Every May, McCall Waterfront Park fills with live entertainment, rides, and food for Cinco de Mayo Fiesta, one of the largest of its kind in America.
In early August, support the Special Olympics while stuffing your face with delectable foods at Bite of Oregon. The largest gathering of independent brewers means lots of beer and beer lovers the last weekend of July for Oregon Brewers Festival. More than 50 organic beers and ciders are enjoyed with live entertainment in June at North American Organic Brewers Festival. In June, lovers of rare and obscure beers can try more than 100 at the Portland International Beer Festival. From the pet parade to the Pride Parade, Portland Pride Festival and Parade in June is never dull. Now more than 100 years old, the Portland Rose Festival in June has two parades, carnival, fireworks, and dragon boat races. Help stock the local food bank and listen to top headliners from around the nation each July at the Waterfront Blues Festival, the largest blues festival west of the Mississippi.
The holiday spirit is vibrant at Festival of Lights, with 500,000 lights and the Pacific Northwest's largest choral gathering. In the heart of downtown, Holiday Ale Festival helps chase away the chill of a long winter's night. The top short films, features, and documentaries from the Northwest are chosen by prominent filmmakers and critics each November at the Northwest Film and Video Festival. For more than 30 years film lovers have enjoyed the Portland International Film Festival, featuring works from throughout the world each February.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $125.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Portland Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Portland this May Fr $183+/Nt Expedia
- Super Savings on Portland 3 Nts Htl + Air Fr $484 Travelocity
- $10.95 & up : Compact rentals in Portland Hotwire
- $61.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Portland — $61 Hotwire