- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Classic cocktails are back with a vengeance chic enough to make James Bond proud, and they have a new twist: being infused with anything flavorful that grows under the sun. Throughout the northwest, emphasis on freshness and sustainability has spilled over into the mixers, shakers, and blenders of creative mixologists. Avocados, cucumbers, chilies, green peppers, cilantro, nutmeg, rhubarb, and beets are some of the luminaries infusing tangy hints and boldness into rums, vodkas, and whiskeys. Regionally, drink swankiness and sophistication have reached soaring heights. The book Hip Sips, by Portland Mint/820 bartender and restaurateur Lucy Brennan is dedicated to this intoxicating topic, with more than 60 imaginative recipes to choose from.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe